On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org> wrote:

>>> struts.xml
>>> <constant name="struts.custom.i18n.resources"
>>> value="com.fiserv.sourceone.ribs.common.bundles.DbResourceBundle" />
>
> That constant has a String value.

>From what I've read, the struts.custom.i18n.resources constant usually
gets set to something like "global-messages" which translates to a
.properties file.  However, at the beginning of this thread I asked
about using ResourceBundle which loads from a database, and this usage
was suggested to me.  I'm not  sure how Struts is reconciling that
constant.. but expected it would either load the class there, or wait
until the first usage.

>>> index.jsp
>>> <s:text name="FS_UI_ACCT_SWITCH_EN_BUTTON_GO_ACCOUNT"/>
>
> And this is looking up the specified item in ApplicationResources.properties

OK, and maybe that's the problem, because I expected it to use the
resource bundle from struts.custom.i18n.resources

>> A followup to this:
>>
>> If I put a static initializer with a System.out.println in
>> DbResourceBundle, it never get's executed;
>
> Or the output isn't going where you expect it to.

Yeah, maybe.. though if I load that class directly I do see it on my
console (running the app with mvn tomcat:run )

--
Greg Akins

http://insomnia-consulting.org
http://www.pghcodingdojo.org