On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's really difficult to read.

Agreed.  More whitespace would be nice, Martin.

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Martin Gainty wrote:
>> a database schema represents the entire structure (tables and relationships
>> of
>> those tables) of the there is no need for multiple databases when your
>> database
>> schema contains the persisted entities (tables)
>
> That's not necessarily true. Depending on how the database is
> accessed, structured, distributed, etc. there are several reasons why
> it may make sense to have each tenet in their own database.

Tenet?

I'd agree with Martin on this one -- it makes more sense to use one
database and store multiple entities in it than to make one DB per
entity.  I'm not sure what reasons there would be to have it make
sense to store each entity in its own identically-structured DB.

-Brian