Hi Maurizio:

In this document:
http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/docs/template-loading.html

It says the template should be searched in (in this order):
1, web app folder
2, class path

But i have read the Struts2.2.1 source code, it creates TemplateLoader
in a different order, as i described in my earlier mail.

And, as adam said, the template under web app folder worked correctly
in elder version of Struts2.

So i think, this is maybe a BUG of Struts2,
or lack of updating document.
Maybe we should send this issue to the development team of Struts2.