2011/2/16 Luis Eric López Fernández wrote:
> So my first attempt to fix this is by adding the following lines to the
> web.xml file:
>
>    <security-constraint>
>        <web-resource-collection>
>            <web-resource-name>RestrictedDirectories</web-resource-name>
>
>            <url-pattern>/AppName/images/*</url-pattern>
>
>        </web-resource-collection>
>    </security-constraint>
>
> (*) My app is running on a Websphere app server.
>
> But it does not seem to work, after performing the changes and redeploying
> the app I can still go to: http://server:port/AppName/images/image_name.jpg
> and the image is displayed.
>
> Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this?

If you're having an issue with WebSphere, I'd try asking on a WebSphere forum.

IMO it'd be inappropriate to handle this requirement with S2, since
it's not really S2-related.

It *sounds* like what you're trying to do is to only allow access to
static resources if they're requested from within a web page--is that
correct?

*Why* are you trying to do that? The answer may dictate the solution.
You can always stream static resources to the browser via S2, but...
if it's page-level resources (images, CSS, etc.) I don't see the
point. PDFs etc. I could understand.

Dave