I am trying to create an Desktop Application which function as Code
Review for COBOL.

Input- Cobol File(s) which will be parsed first using Cobol Parser.
Parsed Data will be sent to maven check the code quality which in turn
returns some output. That output will be pumped in Sonar (or Report
Generation tool as Sonar is web Based utility). It will be shown through
UI.

Concept is like parsing the Cobol file first. Saving the data in
Database. Reviewing the data against some rules which will check weather
, code is as per defined rules. Now we need to use this output to
generate some report .

Questions:

1.       Can we use Sonar for Desktop Application?

2.       Does maven build the application only or Input , here Cobol
Files.

3.       Can we use Sonar to generate report?

4.       Which framework will be better for such application?

Regards,

Thanks in advance,

Alok