My $0.02 would be to use TikaInputStream because that gets a lot more use
and is battle-tested.  Within the last year or so, we started using
RereadableInputStream in one of the Microsoft format parsers so it is also
getting some use now.

If you absolutely can't afford to spool to disk, then give
RereadableInputStream a try.

The inputstreamfactories, in my mind, are somewhat work-arounds for other
use cases, e.g. retrying/batch etc.