But as I said, this doesn’t seem to work with all parsers.    So let’s say I
pass in an MP4 file which uses the MP4Parser and then I want to re-use the
stream afterward.  How can I guarantee consistent beahvor, no matter which
paser gets used?

From: Tim Allison <talli...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2021 3:17 PM
To: Peter Kronenberg <peter.kronenb...@torch.ai>
Cc: user@tika.apache.org; lfcnas...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Re-using a TikaStream

The stream.available() call comes from ProxyInputStream.  We don't modify that
in TikaInputStream...maybe we should.

TikaInputStream wraps an incoming InputStream in a BufferedInputStream if it
doesn't supportMark already.

So, as long as you're happy with the performance and potential limitations of
BufferedInputStream, go with TikaInputStream.

Note that some parsers have to spool to disk.  TikaInputStream takes care of
this for you.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 1:01 PM Peter Kronenberg