Hi,

I tried logo option #4 on the website. Screenshot located at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTZ0FFM2I0WnpwWlE

As you can see, the dragon itself works well due to the fact that the bulk
of the body is of a darker blue.

Alas, the font family doesn't work well with Telex (
https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Telex), which is what the web site
uses via the bootswatch theme. Overall, the font in the logo would be too
hard to read if applied to the overall website.

The light-blue color on the word "Apache" doesn't work either; it's better
to use the dark color from the dragon's body. The
"Transactional-SQL-on-Hadoop" slogan is lost due to the black font color of
"Trafodion", which is why I suggest a singular color for all of "Apache
Trafodion" — it's easy to add slogans underneath the logo with text that
way.

To me, this experiment validates that the logo itself is fine but there's a
little more work on the text associated with the logo to finish the job. I
am not suggesting to use the font in my earlier mockup but would like to
try Telex together with the darker text to see how that fits. It's too late
for me to try that experiment at this time so maybe tomorrow.

My two cents,

Gunnar

Thanks,

Gunnar