On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Simon Laws<[email protected]> wrote:
> No, sorry for the confusion Bob. I was trying out the store-secure
> sample and found that that didn't work so I fixed that. Am now onto
> the binding.ws case. What I've found out so far is that.
>
> - The confidentiality we can apply through policy for binding.ws
> drives the Axis2 configuration to apply message level encryption. To
> turn this on we have to extend the policy to describe how encryption
> will take place, for example,
>
>                <ramp:encryptionCypto>
>                    <ramp:crypto
> provider="org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin">
>                        <ramp:property
> name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type">JKS</ramp:property>
>                        <ramp:property
> name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file">org/apache/tuscany/sca/binding/ws/axis2/itests/policy/wspolicy/tuscanyKeys.jks</ramp:property>
>                        <ramp:property
> name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password">TuscanyWsUserPasswd</ramp:property>
>                    </ramp:crypto>
>                </ramp:encryptionCypto>
>
> - If you want to do transport level encryption (https) then it depends
> how you're deploying tuscany.
>
> -- If you're deploying in a webapp then you need to set up the
> container appropriately and specify https on the servier uri
>
> -- If you're using tuscany to fire up Jetty or Tuscany then I'm still
> looking into that as it looks like we don't support the same security
> context configuration as binding.http. When I provide https in the
> service binding url it just fires off the default configuration for
> the container, e.g. for me with jetty it goes looking for a keystore
> at  C:\Documents and Settings\slaws\.keystore and prompts me for
> passwords.
>
> So the net of this is that if you want to do message level
> confidentiality then it looks like we can set that up. For transport
> level security I'm finding what you're finding, i.e. that binding.ws
> doesn't take any notice of "tuscany:confidentiality" configuration. So
> if you really need to do transport level things and want to control if
> from policy then we'll have to do some work to enable it and look at
> how to make sure that Axis has the correct configuration.
>
> Sorry this is not turning out to be a simple answer.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon
>

"If you're using tuscany to fire up Jetty or Tuscany" should read "If
you're using tuscany to fire up Jetty or Tomcat".

Reply via email to