To support something like this, I'm thinking it would require that during
initialization of the pipeline, UIMA would need to "install" the PEAR in some
temporary location somewhere, and then use that installation. (The installation
is needed because of the possibility that there are resources that are
referenced by strings in the PEAR configuration, which need to be resolved
relative to where the PEAR was installed.)

Is this what you have in mind?  Though, typically, this is not something you'd
want to do every time a pipeline was run, I think.

-Marshall