From: "Peter Klügl" <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
To: user@uima.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:05:41 PM
Subject: Re: CAS Editor instructions

  Hi,

yes, sorry, I should mention the version number when talking about updating.

I am currently using the 2.4.0 version that is available from the update
site (http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/) and it works
just fine for me, without any complaints about a corpus folder (which
was removed in a previous version, I think).

However, I must admit that I haven't tested it right now. I just have
updated the feature from 2.3.1 to 2.4.0 some time ago.

Peter

On 21.04.2012 12:50, Nicolas Hernandez wrote:
> Hi Peter
> What current version do you mean ?  2.4.1 ? The cas editor eclipse plugin
> is not present for the 2.4 from the update site. I believe that, to get the
> Eclipse cas editor plugin without having to build the source, you have to
> install the uima as plugins which are in 2.3.1.
> I don t know whether there is a simple way to get the last version ?
> Nicolas
> Le 21 avr. 2012 08:58, "Peter Klügl"<pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>  a écrit :
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> what version of the CAS Editor do you use?
>>
>> You probably need to update to the current version.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> Am 20.04.2012 22:08, schrieb Eric Riebling:
>>
>>> I've been using UIMA for years and years, but I am completely stumped
>>> trying to run the CAS Editor.  Is anyone expert enough to provide an
>>> actual step-by-step guide for getting the CAS Editor to appear, given
>>> an existing type system and annotated XMI?
>>>
>>> I have tried everything in the instructions, but keep getting error
>>> messages.  First, missing type system.  After RENAMING and putting
>>> in the root of project, complaint that document is not in a corpus
>>> folder.  Explanation how to create a corpus folder is vague and
>>> confusing.
>>>
>>> I guess I'm hoping for STEP BY STEP instructions of exactly what to
>>> click and type in Eclipse, and what should happen at each stage, as
>>> far as expected output.  Discouragingly, nothing I try looks like the
>>> pictures
>>> in the UIMA Tools Guide and Reference.
>>>
>>> What I'm really hoping for are instructions so clear that 'even faculty'
>>> can
>>> follow them to add annotations to documents, provided the documents and
>>> type system are already set up. :)

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pklu...@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/