Just checked and it looks like the josql (SQL for Java Objects) is a
dependency from activemq-optional. Will look into how to deal with this.
Dont have an opinion on this yet.

The AMQ 5.6 has been in heavy use in our production environment and moving
to a newer version will require thorough testing which takes time.

There is a workaround if you need a newer version of AMQ for your runtime.
Simply install AMQ where you want and set ACTIVEMQ_HOME environment
variable  to the location of  ActiveMQ you intend to use.

Jerry Cwiklik