I solved my issue by specifying a flow controller with a "drop" option on cas multipliers as follows (as was mentioned in one of the Jira's tickets):

AnalysisEngineDescription aae = createEngineDescription(
        FlowControllerFactory.createFlowControllerDescription(
                FixedFlowController.class,
                FixedFlowController.PARAM_ACTION_AFTER_CAS_MULTIPLIER,
                "drop"),
        ...someAes...
        theCasMultiplier,
        ...someAes);