Hi Armin,

how would you do the last step: telling the nested AE to process only the
mentions of the segment type?

As far as I can see, it again boils down to the point that the
SegmentProcessingAE would internally create one or more new CASes or view, pass
those to the nested AE, and then would have to merge the results produced by
the nested AE back into the original CAS.

Cheers,

-- Richard