Hi,

I have a annotation type variable that I am assigning a value in a statement
block and then use that value in match rule to set the attribute in a new
annotation like this:

Type myvar;

BLOCK(ForEach) UniqueMatch{} { // Capturing unique scope with this
    “Some (\\w+) Regex" -> 1 = MatchedRegexAnnotation;
    MatchedRegexAnnotation { -> ASSIGN(myvar, MatchedRegexAnnotation)};
}

SomeOtherMatch{} {
        -> CREATE(Markup, “myprop” = myvar)
};

The “myprop” attribute never gets a value even though the
MatchedRegexAnnotation is created. A completely analog implementation appears
to work flawlessly in another context but not in the current.

I am in the dark about this and my Ruta skills are sill infant so any idea to
what could be the problem is much appreciated.

Cheers
Mario