Hi,

sorry for the delayed response. I received your mail just yesterday.
Maybe your mail needed to be moderated. Did you subscribe to the user list?

Here's a first short answer. I will try to look into it in more details
if this does not help:

The CREATE action searches for annotations (that should be assigned to a
feature) within the scope of the match of the rule element.

Is there an annotation of the type MatchedRegexAnnotation within the
offsets of the annotation of the type SomeOtherMatch? ... e.g., is
SomeOtherMatch overlapping UniqueMatch?

Maybe CREATE is not the correct action for you. Unfortunately, for
filling feature for distant annotations there is currently only the
GATHER action. This will hopefully change with ruta 2.4.0.

I will try to find the time to take a look at your second mail later
this day (or tomorrow).

Best,

Peter