Hi,

I’ve found that UIMA has such a learning curve to it that I’m wondering if
anyone ever offers classes in it (real-life, not YouTube).  If the instructor
really knew what they were doing, I’d pay to travel somewhere for a week to get
some intensive training in it.

Failing that, I’m wondering whether there are any learning resources other than
just sitting down with the manual and trying stuff (which is what I’ve been
doing).  That’s how I normally learn new systems, but this is a particularly
tough one to learn without any sort of mentoring.

—Sean