Sorry, I missed the supplement set.  So the tests I did with x16980 &
x16990 are valid.  runRemoteAsyncAE uses the same
FileSystemCollectionReader as runAE does ... did you use a different
collection reader?  If a custom one perhaps you could serialize the cas to
a file as XMI and verify that the XMI is legal.