Robert, the DD looks ok to me. I actually stripped down one of my DD to
look just as yours and it deployed fine. Do you still have this file:
file:/var/folders/dt/vmntv00526g5s84b85rqwmm5qbfkqb/T/
UIMAdd2springOutput2528967577403356774.xml

This is the transformed file which is fed to Spring factory. Can you share
this via pastbin?
Also which version of java are you using?

Jerry