My code was catching the original ParseErrorException and rethrowing a
simple Exception.  I've fixed that.  I've posted more to the JIRA.

On 3/9/07, Claude Brisson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Le vendredi 09 mars 2007 à 09:12 -0700, Michael Giroux a écrit :
> I just upgraded to Velocity 1.5.  A key feature for me is the new
> functionality to include filename, line and column in error messages.
> When I was testing this feature with a faulty template, I discovered
> that the filename is being truncated. In the error message below, the
> actual file name should be "business-service-interface.vm"  It appears
> the parser truncated at the first "-".
>

> java.lang.Exception: Encountered "#else" at line 51, column 33 of business
> Was expecting one of: ...

It seemed to me that Velocity 1.5 introduced a
org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException instead of the generic
java.lang.Exception. Maybe some where forgotten. What is the full
stacktrace ?

Withe the ParseErrorException, I did not have this truncation problem,
even with quite long template names.

 Claude