I haven't play with Hibernate and XMLBeans myself, but earlier this year
a few people reported success using XMLBeans at the XML level and
Hibernate for saving the state into DB. From what I remember, they had
to use Hibernate interceptors to make things work.

There are advantages of using XMLBeans over JAXB, it has a
SchemaTypeSystem that users have access to, but one thing I consider the
most important is it strives to support all the valid schemas, and keep
the fidelity of XML.

Cezar

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.