How are you handing the SOAP protocol messages? I have done this in the past by
utilizing AXIS
running in a Tomcat container to decode the SOAP messages. AXIS includes a
wsdl2java utility
to generate server-side stubs and implementation classes. Then you can use
XMLBeans to process the
contents of the SOAP messages.

        - Andy

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:55:15 +0100  "Eugen Okon" wrote:
 > Hi Jacob,
 > thanks a lot for your answer!
 > There is no problem to get the values of the projectdataset, in the case
 > that i copy/p
     aste the
 > <ProjectDataSet>
 >                        Information I need!!!!
 > </ProjectDataSet>
 > part to a new file and use it. The exception is caused (in my opinion)
 > because the roo
     t element of the doc i am trying to parse is <soap:envelope> and not
<ProjectDataSet
     >. What i am searching for is a possibility to tell the parser to skip all
tags till
      <ProjectDataSet>. The Exception i get is:

 > error: The document is not a
 > projectdata...@http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/projec
     t/server/webservices/ProjectDataSet/: document element mismatch got
envel...@http://
     schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
 >      at
 > org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.verifyDocumentType(Locale.java:458)
 >      at
 > org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.autoTypeDocument(Locale.java:363)
 >
 > with best regards
 > Eugen
 > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
 > > Datum: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:15:22 -0800
 > > Von: "Jacob Danner" <jacob.dan...@gmail.com>
 > > An: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
 > > Betreff: Re: parse a part of xml
 >
 > > Hi Eugen,
 > > Are you having troubles getting the value of the projectdataset
 > > element or are you just getting an exception when you are trying to
 > > parse it?
 > > Is there a projectDatasetType Class available? Have you tried that?
 > > What is the exception you are seeing?
 > > -jacobd
 > >
 > > On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Eugen Okon <eugeno...@gmx.de> wrote:
 > > > Hello,
 > > > i am new to xmlbeans, so maybe my question is a kind of "basics" for the
 > > framework. I am writing an application which communicates with Ms Project
 > > PSI Web Services. The application gets a SOAP response from Ms Project. The
 > > structure of this response is described below:
 > > >
 > > > <soap:envelope>
 > > > …..
 > > > <soap:body>
 > > > <ReadProjectResponse>
 > > >        …
 > > >                <ProjectDataSet>
 > > >                        Information I need!!!!
 > > > </ProjectDataSet>
 > > >        …
 > > > <ReadProjectResponse>
 > > > </soap:body>
 > > > </soap:envelope>
 > > >
 > > > Ok so now I can finally describe the problem. I have a xsd schema which
 > > models the structure of <ProjectDataSet>. From these xsd I've generated
 > > java code with xmlbeans's ant task. Now I am searching for an elegant
 > > possibility to parse this kind of responses. This means
 > > ProjectDataSetDocument.Factory.parse(is); should parse the inputstream
 > > beginning wit
     h the
 > > <ProjectDataSet>. In other cases I am understandably getting an exception.
 > > I hope
 > > someone can help me solving this problem.
 > > >
 > > > Eugen
 > > >
 > > > --
 > > > Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört? Der kann`s mit
 > > allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger

 > --
 > Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
 > für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a

        - Andy