Interesting, I don't know the maven plugin, so I can't comment as to
the what and why this is happening. As a workaround, have you tried
using an xsdconfig file.
Something like
<xb:config xmlns:xb="http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/2004/02/xbean/config";>

  <xb:namespace uri="urn:uddi-org:api_v3">
    <xb:package>api_v3.uddi_org</xb:package>
  </xb:namespace>

</xb:config>

HTH,
-jacobd