My problem is that there are domain objects used across multiple projects .

There are few projects which require to convert these domain objects to
XMLs. Each project needs to have its own format.

I am a beginner with xstream and after going through the tutorials I think
we can't do this using annotations.(please correct me if I am wrong)

So I looked at the api provided by Xstream class (.alias(....)).
I could manage to get different XML outputs from same object.
But soon I landed  on another problem which was what if someone in my team
innocently changed the field name (the alias methods take a string ) that
will  break my XML generation. Can I put some kind of constrain so that the
compiler could tell me if some thing is changed.(I know this is out of the
scope of xstream but.. Would be great if someone could help me out..also I
know setter getters would Change but again that will not guaranty that the
string in the alias method would change )

So please help me with this problem..
How can I cleanly get this "multiple XML outputs from same class "

Regards,
Ashish.
+91 22 67235378 <+91%2022%2067235378>