I'm trying to deserialize a JSON string with XStream like this:
private <T> T createTObjectWithXStream(Class<T> clazz){
XStream xstream = new XStreamGae(new JettisonMappedXmlDriver());
T obj = null;
try {
String json = this.toJSONString();
obj = (T) xstream.fromXML(json);
} catch (Exception e) {
LOG.log(Level.SEVERE, "XStream cannot deserialize this object: " +
e.getMessage());
}
return obj;
}

I need to deserialize the whole String as a type of clazz. However from the
examples I need to do like:

xstream.alias("product", Product.class);

However, this seems for deserializing specific node, what should be done
for working on the whole json string? Like

xstream.alias("the_whole_json_stuff", clazz);

Also the result of e.getMessage is 'contentType' what's that suppose to
mean?