Possibly I was wrong when I used the term "port". All code is written from scratch. AStream does not implement all features of XStream.
Main differences are as follows:
- Implicit collections can't contain null values
- JSON output is not supported
- Maps are still to be implemented
- Not all java types have a corresponding type in AS3.