If you had something that worked before but now does not, can you make a
smallest-possible example of that?

1. A java unit test (that does multi-threading)
2. a pom.xml that in some way allows you to go back and forth on:

       <dependency>
            <groupId>com.thoughtworks.xstream</groupId>
            <artifactId>xstream</artifactId>
            <!--<version>1.3.1</version>-->
            <version>1.4.7</version>
       </dependency>

3. Maybe bisect through xstream releases to find the one that moved you
from working to broken..

- Paul