Hi Adrian,
Below zookeeper commands are generally used to get health of zookeeper
cluster
stat

Lists brief details for the server and connected clients.

usage echo stat | nc server port

This gives whether cluster is up /down. If down this will give that

Zookeeper instance is currently not serving any request -  which means
either the leader election is failing or <= 50% of zookeeper node in
cluster are down.

mntr

*New in 3.4.0:* Outputs a list of variables that could be used for
monitoring the health of the cluster.

$ echo mntr | nc localhost 2185

zk_version  3.4.0
zk_avg_latency  0
zk_max_latency  0
zk_min_latency  0
zk_packets_received 70
zk_packets_sent 69
zk_outstanding_requests 0
zk_server_state leader
zk_znode_count   4
zk_watch_count  0
zk_ephemerals_count 0
zk_approximate_data_size    27
zk_followers    4                   - only exposed by the Leader
zk_synced_followers 4               - only exposed by the Leader
zk_pending_syncs    0               - only exposed by the Leader
zk_open_file_descriptor_count 23    - only available on Unix platforms
zk_max_file_descriptor_count 1024   - only available on Unix platforms

The output is compatible with java properties format and the content may
change over time (new keys added). Your scripts should expect changes.

ATTENTION: Some of the keys are platform specific and some of the keys are
only exported by the Leader.

The output contains multiple lines with the following format: