Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:02 AM, Szalay-Bekő
Máté<szalay.beko.m...@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi Sebastian,

> But I still get the same exception.
at this point I don't know why this happen... Adding the Server section to
the jaas config should have helped. Unfortunately the exact exception is
not printed out into the logs, just the error message, so it is hard to
find out more details.

I will try to reproduce your case with 3.5.6 locally and see if it works. I
never actually used digest authentication before... we always use kerberos
in production. If it works, I will share my configs / dockerfiles and send
you a patched version with more debug info printed out.

> Why would configuring quorum-auth also enable client-server-auth?
it is not very logical indeed... if I see it right, based on the code once
you set the java.security.auth.login.config property, then ZooKeeper
assumes you want to use server-client sasl authentication. I guess the
quorum-auth feature was added later and they introduced 'enable' config
property for this, but forget to introduce the same config for the client
authentication. I also guess most of the people are interested in the
client authentication and it is rare that someone does't need that but
needs quorum auth. Still, the current behaviour is not good I think. I will
submit a jira ticket requesting an improvement here when I will have time,
but feel free to submit it yourself if you wish.

Kind regards,
Mate