On 4/24/07, Peter Steil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I am using release 4.1.1 and I am wondering whether or not TopicConnections are
pooled automatically somehow.

No.

I have quite a lot TopicPublisher who publish to different topics. Should I
keep one TopicConnection open and use it for all TopicSessions or should I open
and close the connections each time?

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-use-jms-efficiently.html

so typically use 1 connection and have a pool of consumers (maybe via
MDBs or Jencks or Springs MessageListenerContainers) then use a pool
of session/producers either through ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory
with Spring's JmsTemplate or just use one producer and synchronize on
it

http://cwiki.apache.org/ACTIVEMQ/how-do-i-send-messages-to-different-destinations-from-a-single-messageproducer.html

--
James