Rob,

The attempt to get a connection over the failover transport hangs (it goes
into it's reconnect sequence indefinitely)....

What I'd like is for it to fail back to the caller (as if I had set a
maxReconnectAttempts param), but then it should be able to recover the if
the broker becomes available later, and I try again to get a connection.

Basically, if I just use the tcpTransport, with no failover, the connection
fails immediately if no broker is available, but then if a broker becomes
available subsequently, connections work fine.

I've been using the AMQPool (from Jencks), but the same thing happens for
the regular ActiveMQConnectionFactory....

Jason