Hi David,

this looks fine - you can set these properties using the xml configuration too btw

cheers,

Rob

On Jan 8, 2008, at 5:23 AM, David Sitsky wrote:

Hi,

I want to use FilePendingQueueMessageStoragePolicy in my application since I don't use persistent messaging, but I don't want to be limited by memory as to the number of queued messages that are outstanding, which for my application might be very large, depending on the data being processed.

I did a search, but couldn't find much in the way of setting this up. My current code looks roughly follows, and appears to work, but I wanted to check with the activemq developers - is it safe/ recommended to do this?

Store tmpStore = new KahaStore(tmpStoreDir, "rw");
broker.setTempDataStore(tmpStore);
List<PolicyEntry> policyEntries = new ArrayList<PolicyEntry>();
PolicyEntry entry = new PolicyEntry();
entry.setPendingQueuePolicy(new FilePendingQueueMessageStoragePolicy());
entry.setQueue(WORKER_ITEMS_QUEUE_NAME);
entry.setMemoryLimit(BROKER_MEMORY_LIMIT / 2);
policyEntries.add(entry);
PolicyMap policyMap = new PolicyMap();
policyMap.setPolicyEntries(policyEntries);
broker.setDestinationPolicy(policyMap);

--
Cheers,
David