All,

Just to update, I was able to solve the problem, by changing how I declare
the transactionManager.  The problem was that it wasn't committing the
transaction automatically, as apparently it was previously with 4.1.1.  I'm
still not 100% I have things configured correctly, but it seems good so
far...

I ended up adding the transactionManager to the
DefaultMessageListenerContainer spring config (previously it was being set
on the PooledConnectionPool object).

Jason