Thanks Tim,
Looking over things it seems like establishing a network of brokers is
orthogonal to the transport specified by the client.  A client can specify
one or many (a static list via "static:" or a randomized list via
"failover:") brokers to connect to and the fact that that broker may be
forwarding messages is completely transparent.   Is my understanding of that
correct?  If so it seems like implementing a "Failover" protocol for the C++
client would allow it to take full advantage of a network of brokers.
Poking through the codebase it seems like the C++ doesn't support "static:"
either, so a start might be to add support for composite transports.

I'll try and see if we have the resources to contribute.

-Alan