Hi,

I was able to simulate the slow consumer in Linux. Ofcourse I did not get
OutOfMemory problem now. So I feel OOME could be due to using Windows (still
not sure).

I was able to send more than 309000 messages. I got around 330 alerts for
slow consumer.

I did not give -Xmx or -Xms option for TopicListener & TopicPublisher.

Linux 2.6.9-34.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Feb 24 16:54:53 EST 2006 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux
Using BEA's JRockit.

     <policyEntry topic="topictest.messages" memoryLimit="1mb"
advisoryForSlowConsumers="true">
           <dispatchPolicy>
             <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
           </dispatchPolicy>
           <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
           </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
       </policyEntry>

        <!--  The maximum about of space the broker will use before slowing
down producers -->
        <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="512 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <!--
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
                -->
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

2 questions I have here is:

1) Is there a way to drop this consumer instead of discarding messages?
2) The advisory messages are not indicating the number of pending messages
in the topic for this consumer. Is it it possible to get more info like
enqueue & dequeue count, pending messages through any configuration?

Thanks
Badri