> Re #2 - you could write yourself a broker plugin thingy that extends
> BrokerService and implements the addConnection(ConnectionContext context,
> ConnectionInfo info) method; within which you can check the IP address of
> the remote client making the connection request.

I've implemented exactly one of those which I'm happy to share if anyone
wants it. My question is, if you which to prevent a connection within the
addConnection call, what is the recommended way of doing it? Currently I
throw an exception which certainly stops the connection, but I wonder if
there is a better way.