Hi Dave,

Dave Stanley schrieb:
> How much traffic does the servlet client get - I'm wondering if perhaps your
> "dynamic" listener could be timing out.

The traffic in development (where this occures) is quite low. A few
messages (50 to 100) per minute. BUT the servlet sends the request via
JMS to a backend which sends the answer (normally within 2-5 seconds)
back to the servlet. The servlet waits for 4 minutes.

The problem only exists when using two brokers as active-active-cluster
- and the listener connects to another broker than the answering
backend. Normally there are more than one listener listening on the
queue - but since every listener only checks for exactely one message
(using the selector) it is important that that message is routed to the
correct node. I understood that with the configuration
"conduitSubscription=false" the selectors get transfered between the
brokers and therefore this system can be used.
> It might be worth trying to change the broker url you use to connect the
> dynamic client to the broker to something like:
> tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0

On development (where we see this phenomenon) there is an inactivitity
of less than 5 to 10 seconds. On production that may be more (the
answers take there up to 2 minutes). Is the timeout of 5 to 10 seconds
really a problem? I'll check it.
> Do you see any errors or warnings in any of the logs?

I did not see any warnings or errors, wether on JBoss nor on ActiveMQ side.

The problem is, that the listeners are listening and waiting - but on
the wrong broker. And the brokers don't shift the message to the right
broker.

bye,
    Roland

PS: sorry, I forgot to mention the version: we are using ActiveMQ 5.2.0
with the activemq-rar on JBoss-side (connect URL:
"failover://(jms1.dev:61616,jms2.dev:61616)?initialReconnectDelay=1000")

--
Roland Thomas Lichti
IT

Telefónica Deutschland GmbH || Georg-Brauchle-Ring 23-25 || 80992 München ||
www.telefonica.de
Telefon: 05246 80-1080 || Fax: 05246 80-2080  || E-Mail: i...@telefonica.de
Ust.-Id.-Nr. DE 167 388 434 || Amtsgericht München HRB 108 006
Geschäftsführer: Johannes Pruchnow, Dr. Dirk Schmelzer, Michael Fränkle
Bankverbindung: Konto 158 09 76 || BLZ 478 400 65 || Commerzbank Gütersloh