MassDosage wrote:

> What is this wrapper you are talking about?
>
> I've never seen that "couldn't ping JVM" message so I'm not sure whether
> this is the same issue or not.

ActiveMQ gets "shipped" with Java wrappers http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org

its a way of daemonising java apps.  It forks the JVM process as its child
and keeps tabs on it.  If it dies it can restart it.

the underlying issue is the same I think as all wrappers does it restart
activemq.  it I run it without wrappers the result is the same as you...
the JVM just hangs with no errors to the logs or console.