Hello,

I've spent days trying to figure out how to do the most basic operation with
ActiveMQ from C# (ex.: consume / produce messages on a queue on localhost,
network protocol = anything that works) and can't find ANY documentation:

- the getting started docs are pointing to source files that don't exist:
http://activemq.apache.org/nms/nms.html
- the other samples mentioned in http://activemq.apache.org/nms/ are all
built on top of Spring.Net.  In addition, the simplest of the Spring.Net
examples did not work for me (it probably worked in 2007 when it was first
written)
- googling for code samples was no help (nor was searching in this forum,
although the search in the forum is so slow and limited that I did not
search as much as I might have otherwise)
- running 'nant doc' failed to create any documentation for me (I get an
'object reference not set' exception)
- I looked at all the unit tests and they seem to make mainly atomic tests -
I definitively could not find anything off of which to base my own code
- the api documentation (http://activemq.apache.org/nms/ndoc/NMS.html)
doesn't seem to cover apache.nms.activemq - it only documents apache.nms,
which is really pretty useless

-------------------------------------

Anyhow, for those who, like me, are trying to get started, here are a few
things you might want to be aware of:
- build using nant 'beta 2': one of the readme's mentions that nms requires
the Beta 2 version of 0.86 nant (currently it's at beta 1 on the nant site,
so you have to get it from the nightly builds).  If you install the stable
version of nant, the build from within visual studio will fail as well, due
to nant pre- and post-build event commands that fail from within VS2008 as
well.
- the connection strings / configuration for nms is, as far as I can tell,
undocumented, so it's hard to say what exactly is required to get things to
run.  From single stepping through code, I found that it expects to find
config files with specific names such as 'nmsprovider-tcp.config' or
'nmsprovider-activemq.config'.  You will find some sample config files in
the source code.

-------------------------------------

Overall though, with so little documentation and no sample code anywhere, I
really don't see how anyone could get this stuff to work...  I'm thinking of
maybe using Spring.Net on top of NMS, but on the one hand I don't want /
need Spring.Net and more importantly, I just want to do something really
simple, something that shouldn't require setting up a large dependency
injection framework to accomplish.

If anyone could find the missing 'TestMain.cs' file that is supposed to be
on the getting started page, or if someone could provide a link or any
sample code, that would be great :)

Thanks,

Christophe