Hi Eric (And John West),

I haven't been able to get the auto-discovery to work yet, but from your
sample connection strings, I think you will need to change them to the
following to have any chance of getting them to work:

activemq:discovery:multicast://default

or

activemq:failover:discovery:multicast://default

Parenthesis are also acceptable as follows:

activemq:discovery:(multicast://default)
activemq:failover:(discovery:multicast://default,tcp://activemqhost:61616)

The key is to have the prefix of "activemq:".  If you don't have that, then
the correct connection factory will not be loaded by NMS.  Make sure you
update to the latest code and rebuild the Apache.NMS and Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ
projects before trying anything.  The discovery protocol stuff is not my
area of expertise, so I'm still attempting to figure out the mechanisms
behind it.

Best,
Jim

Hi jim.
First I'd like to thank you for your work.
I guess you know that you can turn on auto-discovery and still make your
broker not join the store-and-forward network.
I just changed the multicast group name and brokers dont talk with each
other.
basically what I'm trying to do is to start my NMS client with this URI
failover:(discovery:(multicast://default),tcp://somehost:61616)
This URI works  great with the java client.The NMS client fails.
I ran my sniffer to see what packets are being sent from the client but I
couldn't find anything interesting (UDP to multicast address)
If I try only multicast://default it says that multicast transport is not
supported.
I'll be glad to provide more information to help you with this.
Thanks again.
Eric.