Hello Jim
Unfortunately I can't confirm it's working
Using  activemq:failover
(discovery:multicast://default,tcp://activemqhost:61616)
I've got :
"Connect fail to 'discovery:multicast://default': Composite connection not
supported with MulticastDiscovery transport."

Using activemq:discovery:multicast://default I've got:

Connect failed :Apache.NMS.NMSConnectionException: Unable to find a
connection
to discovery:multicast://default before the timeout period expired.
   at
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.Discovery.DiscoveryTransportFactory.CreateTransport(Uri

location)
   at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.TransportFactory.CreateTransport(Uri
location)
   at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(String
userName,
String password)
   at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection()
   at ActiveMQConnector.MQ.Connect()

Tried again trunk from today.
Can I help you with more information or anything else?
Thanks.
Eric.