Hi,

I am having an issue with a simple master/slave setup. My master is running
on one machine (192.168.10.141), and my slave is running on a separate
machine (192.168.10.1). Attached are the config files for both master and
slave, and the log files for master and slave. I am running broker version
5.2.0 and using activemq CPP library 3.0.1. My producer and consumers are
using the supplied sample code.

On the master broker I get an exception saying the following:
ERROR MasterBroker                   - Slave Failed: ...
On the slave broker I get an exception daying teh following:
ERROR Service                        - Async error occurred: ...

Please see attached log files for complete exceptions.

I can easily reproduce the errors under the following conditions:
1. Start the master broker
2. Start a producer that connects to the master broker and sends 10 messages
to queue TEST.FOO. Producer disconnects.
3. Start the slave broker. It connects to teh master broker successfully.
3. Start a consumer that connects to the master broker. It will retrieve the
messages successfuly, but will cause the exceptions on both brokers.

It doesn't matter if the producer and consumer connect to the broker using
the failover mechanism (using 2 addresses) or not.
If I start both brokers first, before connecting any producers/consumers
then I do not get the exceptions, but in the application I would like to use
activemq in, it is not unreasonable that the master broker will have some
activity before the slave broker is ready to connect.

Should activemq work the way I would like it to work, and if so what am I
doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Brendan

http://www.nabble.com/file/p24716703/activemq-master.log activemq-master.log
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24716703/activemq-master.xml activemq-master.xml