Hi Farshad,

You may have encountered the following problem:

It is a rather nasty problem where messages become stuck in one of the NoB's
brokers. That is, a broker does not forward the messages to other brokers in
the NoB that have valid subscriptions.

Not until you connect a consumer to one of the brokers that houses the stuck
messages, will the broker  dispatch  the message to the consumer. It has to
do with subscription management.

There is this patch that addresses the problem, but only for
'fully-connected' NoB topologies.

http://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/attachment/17800/AMQ-2135-Patch-03182009.patch

If you're using a ring or line topology, the patch won't work and may make
matters worse.

You may also encounter a situation where some of the brokers’ transport
threads are parked (stuck) on a Java CountDownLatch object and are thus
unable to service their respective transport. A transport in this case is
used to connect two brokers and the message broker assigns a worker thread
to service that transport. When this occurs, the NoB is compromised. Here
are some relevant links for this problem.

http://www.nabble.com/Network-connector-failover-problems-td10224971.html#a10275742

Our testing indicated that the above 'parked thread' problem only occurs
with the failover connector. We were never able to reproduce it with the
static connector.

I would also recommend moving to 5.3 when possible.

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com