Hi,

   I have an application which is running on different JVM-s. In some cases
the application needs to send messages to all other applications which are
running in this network. The load of these messages is not high but from
time to time I can expect 15-20 messages/sec. I tried to use ActiveMQ
clustering and started one ActiveMQ broker on each JVM. To simulated
broadcast I am using a topic and on each JVM I have one producer and one
consumer. The scenario works pretty well with 5 brokers running on 5 JVM-s
but I do not know what will happened if I have to run 200 brokers running on
200 JVM-s. Is it possible to run 500 brokers ? I am not able to test such
huge setup but need to know if such huge cluster is theoretically possible
and what kind of problems I can expect ?

  I also have a scenario where I need to send a message to a concrete JVM.
For this scenario I am using a queue and  receivers with specific selector
on each JVM. This again is working with 5 brokers but do not know what will
happened if the number of brokers dramatically increases.

 It is possible to use only one broker and to remotely connect all producers
and consumers to this broker. Do you think that this is a better setup ?

Thanks for the help!
  Nikodim.