On 29 January 2010 08:15, Fred Moore <fred.moor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> thanks for your answer... a few more related questions (remember that we
> only use persistent msgs in transacted sessions):
>
> 1\ You suggest  copyMsgOnSend=false as a way to alleviate some the effects
> of performing sync send(): what is the QoS/functional price to pay when
> copyMsgOnSend is turned off?
>
> The only implication is that any modifications you make to he message after
a send may or may not be visible to the broker. Once you treat the message
as immutable after a send there is not down side.

> 2\ What are the main parameters to tune to try to make transacted sync
> send() "as *async as possible" (e.g. paying the sync price at commit() time
> but not every single send())?
>
> The defaults are fine. It will use async send for all messages and a sync
send for the transaction commit, but with a memory limit and
sendFailIfNoSpace, any of the individual sends may fail and as they are sent
async, you need to register an exception listener to catch that potential
failure.

--
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration