Hello, per my experience ActiveMQ puts incoming emails into particular
consumers "queues" on round robin basis. I.e. having 50 consumers for one
ActiveMQ queue, every 50th email is sent to one particular consumer,
regardless the responses received from the customers.

My question is: is it possible to change this load strategy according to
e.g. number of mails pending to each consumer?

Some background: Due to some reason, we have prefetch set to 1 and retry
mechanism re-delivering a temporarily rejected email for approx. 13 minutes
until the email goes to DLQ. For that time, emails routed towards this
consumer are being buffered. What is not desireable, to have 13 minutes
delay due to one email being steadily temporarily rejected.

Therefore it would be worth for us to have some another loading strategy
that will select the consumer with the least number of pending emails to
that consumer. Is this strategy available? If so, how to set it up?

Thanks in advance for any hint and apologize for the gritty style of my
topic description.