I give thought to the correlation ID concept on the JMS Specification.

When using synchronous queue messages, we should have JMSReplyTo header
which has a destination of the producer.

After sending, the producer waits for reply message to reach its temporary
queue.

In this format, it is only the consumer of that message that can send the
reply message by JMSReplyTo header.

So it's fine without correlation ID because the producer waits for reply
message not on the static queue but on the temporary queue registered in the
JMSReplyTo header.

And that's all in my thought.

Then, What's the purposes for using the correlation ID?

I have heard that using this is for relating sending message to its reply
message.

But it doesn't need to relate between them unless we using it in the
application layer.

Although it's not about activemq, I try asking because I can't find any
appropriate forum for that issue.

I hope anybody informs me of this concept.

regards,

sic