I actually did not run the consumer atleast once on this topic at all. Here
is what I did:

- I ran a publisher program that put about 10K PERSISTENT msgs on the topic
- I verified that all 10K msgs are on the topic using admin console
- I used the activemq admin console that is available at
http://localhost:8161/admin/index.jsp to create the durable subscriber on
that topic
- I restarted the activemq broker and discovered that all messages are lost,
but the topic itself is there

Where as I put a persistent msg in a "queue" sometime ago and I restarted
several times after that and the message is still there. So I am not
understanding where is this going wrong.

Thanks.