FWIW, I think this part of the spec is terrible. It is so vague you can do
nothing to order by priority and still claim compliance.

The queue code I am working on allows one to choose between AMQ and IBM
MQSeries. With the latter, the data really is ordered by priority, with
AMQ it is not. It means it is very dangerous to come up with an
application design that requires the data to be priority-ordered. On IBM
it is ordered because that part of the functionality pre-dates JMS. I
reckon any third paryt solution that was created after the JMS spec could
not be relied on for priority ordering.

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

Internet
robert2...@hotmail.com
23/12/2010 16:17
Please respond to
users@activemq.apache.org

users@activemq.apache.org
cc

Subject
JMSPriority implemented in AMQ 5.4.1?

Does ActiveMQ 5.4.1 support JMSPriority based on the the JMS API 1.1.
specification:

"JMS does not require that a provider strictly implement priority ordering
of
messages; however, it should do its best to deliver expedited messages
ahead
of normal messages."

If it does, I would like to see the algorithm.  What class is it in?

Note that my testing always prints out a '4' for messages being consumed
regardless of the priority being sent by the producer.

Example:
System.out.println("Priority: " + message.getJMSPriority() +"\n"); //
Consumer always prints '4'.

Thanks!