Hi,

I have a pure master/slave configuration.  I am using 5.3.2 but have
observed the same problem in testing 5.5.0.

I have an intermittent issue where a message will appear to be successfully
sent (the producer send() method returns without error) but will be lost.
This occurs sometimes during a master/slave failover.  The master is being
shutdown in a controlled fashion (i.e. the process is not being killed) so
the broker stop() method is being called.

When the problem occurs I see the following error logs (formatting altered
below) on the master:

MasterBroker - Slave encountered an exception processing
MessageDispatchNotification
  java.net.SocketException - socket closed

At the same time the slave sees:

ERROR MasterConnector - Network connection between vm://jmsBroker#0 and
tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:17046 shutdown: null
WARN  BrokerService - Master Failed - starting all connectors

I'm not currently running with persistence on but have seen it when it is on
as well.  The thing that confuses me is that I thought the reflection of the
master state to the slave was guaranteed to occur before returning to the
client.  From the documentation:

The master broker will only respond to a client when a message exchange has
been successfully passed to the slave.

Thanks,
Martin